Monday 25 July 2011

How it all began!

It was early March 2010 and I had just received my latest Joules 'catzine'. For those that don't know what this is - it is a catalogue and magazine all in one. As I settled down with a cup of tea and a 'home made' cake I started browsing the lovely new clothes Joules had to offer. They had a featured titled 'if you do one thing this year - join a WI'. Interesting I thought especially as Joules were tipping it. I always thought the WI was for older ladies and was all, you know, jam and Jerusalem. Its wasn't that I can't bake but the WI does have a old fashioned perception and being 31, good career, even better social life I was not sure if it would suit me but hey if my favourite fashion brand were suggesting it maybe it was something that would be right for me. After all I loved sewing, baking, meeting new people and learning and so I looked online found the Isle of Wight federation page and emailed them to see how I could join.........
to be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment