Friday 12 August 2011

It's time to help - SAVE OUR HEDGEHOGS!

I mentioned a while ago the resolution we passed at the meeting with 100% of votes. I had to check things with HQ before I could shout about it. That has all been cleared and following various stories in the press today and the fact that all of a sudden I am caring for an injured hedgehog I am ready to SHOUT from the rooftops about it. The resolution is as follows:

Save our Hedgehogs
This meeting urges HM Government to recognise the shocking decline in numbers of the British hedgehog. We urge HM Government to give the hedgehog the same legal protection as the otter, door mouse and red squirrel under section 9 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.


Some experts predict that by 2025 Hedgehogs simply won't exist and so I have just got to do something about it. Mainly inspired by the amount of hogs I get in my own garden and what a fantastic animal they are. They eat our slugs and so our vegetables thrive. But mainly because my future generations potentially might never see one and this just makes me incredible sad.
This is being put forward as a resolution fro the National Federation to consider and I just hope they see how important this and how we need to act now before it is too late.
If you want to support me in the quest please do by spreading the word and I will get a petition ready for signing soon. Thank you for your support - pass the message on. Big hugs xxx
Trying to SAVE THE GREAT BRITISH HEDGEHOG!

No comments:

Post a Comment